Traditional Undergraduate Psychology
The Traditional Undergraduate B.A. in Psychology Program helps students learn about how and why human beings act the way they do.
When students graduate from our program they are ready to serve their communities as informed citizens or go on to pursue graduate school opportunities. We prepare students with a curriculum that emphases the breadth and depth of psychological theory, which is aligned to the standards from the American Psychological Association. Additionally, all of our students are required to engage in hands-on learning in either a practicum where students serve in underserved areas of Los Angeles or in research labs doing basic and/or applied research.
Interested in Earning Your Psychology Degree at the Mount?
We support students throughout our program with personal academic advising sessions, and we welcome questions from students interested in pursuing a major or minor with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions that you may have.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Requirements
54 Total Units
9 units total
Knowledge Base Courses
15 units total
One course required in each of the following 5 areas of study:
1. Sociocultural (3 units)
- PSY 145: Social Psychology (3 units)
- PSY 159: Social Psychology & Society (3 units)
- PSY 167B: Socicultural Knowledge Base Special Topics (1-3 units)
- PSY 125: Introduction to Counseling (3 units)
- PSY 132: Personality Theory (3 units)
2. Cognitive (3 units)
- PSY 161: Cognitive Psychology (3 units)
- PSY 134: Learning and Memory Processes (3 units)
- PSY 160: Cognition and Perception (3 units)
- PSY 167C: Cognition Knowledge Base Special Topics (1-3 units)
3. Developmental (3 units)
4. Biological (3 units)
- PSY 052: Biological Psychology (3 units)
- PSY 157: Brain and Behavior (3 units)
- PSY 167E: Biological Knowledge Base Special Topics (1-3 units)
5. Mental/Physical Health (3 units)
3 units total
3 units total
Applied Elective Courses
12 units total
- Students must take 12 units of upper division psychology courses. These applied courses cannot count towards other psychology requirements.
Total Units for Major: 54 units
*PSY 1 is a prerequisite to all other psychology courses.