BA/MS Cross Enrollment
Get a Jump on Your Graduate Education – Earn Master-Level Units as an Undergraduate
If you plan on earning a graduate degree in Psychology, Mount Saint Mary’s University makes it easy for you to get a jump-start on your goals with our BA/MS Cross Enrollment Program.
Cross Enrollment provides Mount undergraduate students with the opportunity to register into graduate psychology courses without formal admission to the graduate psychology program – in a maximum of one MSMU Graduate course per semester on a space-available basis.
Use Cross Enrollment to sample graduate-level coursework while working towards your bachelor degree.
It’s a great way to check out what it’s like to be a graduate student (academic culture, expectation, rigor, etc.) while taking courses that meet your bachelor degree requirements.
Plus, when you consider a master's degree early on, you can save time and money – and put two degrees on your résumé.
Undergraduate/Graduate Psychology cross-listed courses completed at MSMU count for graduate credit at MSMU’s Graduate Psychology Program only.
To be eligible for cross enrollment, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current junior or senior at Mount Saint Mary’s University.
- Completed at least 60 units by the end of the summer semester prior to fall enrollment.
- Be currently enrolled for a minimum of 9 units for the effective semester.
- Earned a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (grade of B) on most recent 30 semester units.
- Completed appropriate academic preparation as determined by Graduate Psychology Director.
NOTE: Students may participate in Cross Enrollment in the fall or spring semesters only. Cross Enrollment is not offered in the summer.
- Print the Application for Cross Enrollment .
- Complete the form and sit with an undergraduate psychology advisor to discuss course availability and approval.
- Secure approval from Undergraduate Advisor and Graduate Psychology Director.
- Submit form to the Registrar’s Office for verification.
The verification process can take up to 5 working days to be completed.
Cross Enrollment Options
Courses to be Completed as an Undergraduate:
|Fall Options||Spring Options|
PSY 101 / PSY 225: Counseling Theories (3)
PSY 174 / PSY 202: Lifespan Development (3)
PSY 173 / PSY 227: Intro to Counseling (3)
PSY 104 / PSY 234: Career Counseling (3)
PSY 176 / PSY 268: Psychopathology (3)
PSY 177 / PSY 200: Applying Research to Practice (3)
Students are strongly advised to meet regularly with an academic advisor for appropriate guidance when selecting courses to meet GE and/or major requirements.
You have questions, we have answers! Whether your question is brief or complex, we’re here to help.
If you would like to learn more about Cross Enrollment, feel free to contact:
Director Michelle Samuel
WEC Program Director
Graduate Psychology Director
Shani Habibi, PhD
If you would like to learn more about Graduate Admissions, feel free to contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions