Hello! I’m delighted to see you are interested in the Physical Sciences at Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles. We have robust majors in biochemistry and chemistry and offer a personalized college experience that is second to none. The biochemistry and chemistry majors offer excellent preparation for medical school, pharmacy school, dental school, graduate school and careers in the biotechnology and chemical industries. Recent graduates have gone on to medical and pharmacy school such as UCLA and USC and graduate school at UC Irvine, Cornell and the California Institute of Technology.
What makes MSMU a terrific place to be a science major?
- Small classes taught by faculty, not teaching assistants
- Teachers that work one-on-one with students
- Teaching in a step-by-step style that allows difficult conceptual and mathematical concepts to be mastered by the student
Engaging Laboratory Experiences
- Hands-on experience with modern instrumentation and laboratories
- Research courses with active, publishing faculty
- Opportunities to present your research at local or national conferences
- detailed and personalized letters of recommendation from professors
- personal attention to students, including
- help with personal essays
- mock interviews for graduate and professional school
- career mentoring that continues even beyond graduation
If this sounds like an experience you would like to have, then look further and check out our course listings. And of course, please contact me directly if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Department Chair, Physical Sciences
Professor of Chemistry
Denault-Loring Research Fellow