- High School Chamber Music Competition
- Degree Requirements
- 2019-20 Scholarship Auditions
- Admission Requirements
- Contact Us
- Course Descriptions
- High School Choral Festival
- Mount Orchestra Festival
- Concerto Competition for High School Students
- Music Department Concert Series
- Music Department Ensembles
- Program Goals and Outcomes
- Music Courses Spring 2020
- Four-Year Academic Plan
- Music Opportunities for Non-Majors
MSMU Concerto Competition Registration
September 22, 2018 9am-4pm
After reading all of the information, please complete & submit the online application. The registration fee of $50 should be mailed to the address provided.
The Mount Saint Mary’s University 7th Annual Concerto Competition is open to high school pianists, instrumentalists, and singers grades 9-12.
First place winners in each category will perform with the Mount Orchestra under the direction of Chet Swiatkowski on Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 3pm. One GRAND PRIZE winner will be selected as the recipient of $500.
Instrumentalists: One movement from a standard concerto or concert piece with orchestral accompaniment from the late Baroque or Classical periods (circa 1700-1820). Vocalists: Any aria from a standard opera or oratorio from the same periods listed above.
• High School pianist, instrumentalists, and singers grades 9-12
• Solo repertoire performed from memory with applicant’s accompanist
• If selected as a finalist the student is required to attend scheduled rehearsals and concert as arranged by the Mount Orchestra director.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Participants will be notified of their audition by September 8, 2018
To register, complete the online form and mail your $50 registration fee to:
Music Department, Mount Saint Mary’s University
12001 Chalon Road,
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Please make checks payable to “MSMU Music Department”
Direct inquiries to Dr. Therese Fassnacht, email@example.com / 310.954.4265