To be considered for admission to the Music degree program at Mount Saint Mary’s University, you will need to successfully complete the following requirements:
*DUE TO COVID-19, ALL APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.*
- Complete your application to Mount Saint Mary’s University.
- Successfully complete all other requirements as established by MSMU.
- Complete your Music Department Application Form. Deadline March 26, 2022. Visit our Auditions page for repertoire requirements and audition/interview process.
- Submit a video recording of your audition along with your application. You will be asked to provide a YouTube link of your audition in your application.
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation in the application that attest to your potential in music.
- Successfully complete your theory examination online. This is done to provide accurate placement for all Music department admission candidates.
- Guidelines and sign up for a time here: MSMU Music Placement Exams
- Schedule and complete your online interview with designated department personnel.
- November 20, 2021
- January 22, 2022
- February 12, 2022
- February 26, 2022
- March 19, 2022
- March 26, 2022
The Mount is the perfect choice for a degree in music. Situated in the vibrant and diverse musical community of Los Angeles means virtually unlimited access to music in all its forms.
Join the talented students who selected Mount Saint Mary’s University for their music education.