- High School Chamber Music Competition
- Degree Requirements
- 2019-20 Scholarship Auditions
- Admission Requirements
- Contact Us
- Course Descriptions
- High School Choral Festival
- Mount Orchestra Festival
- Concerto Competition for High School Students
- Music Department Concert Series
- Music Department Ensembles
- Program Goals and Outcomes
- Music Courses Spring 2020
- Four-Year Academic Plan
- Music Opportunities for Non-Majors
- Music Classes General Studies Fall 2020
- Music Classes General Studies Spring 2021
Students who major in music love to listen to, perform, discuss, and create music. Does this sound like you?
At Mount Saint Mary’s music majors acquire a broad knowledge of music history, literature, and theory, as well as skill in performance, direction, composition, and analysis.
Our program of study includes a Bachelor of Arts in music (B.A.) with emphases in music performance (keyboard, voice, strings, woodwinds, brass, guitar, and percussion), music education (single subject high-school certification), music & multi-media, music history, and music industry, and music therapy.
The Music Department at Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles offers students:
- A breadth of musical experience as well as individual attention for students in the studio, in classes, and in varied ensembles, allowing students to reach their fullest potential.
- A supportive academic and artistic environment where scholarly and creative work is actively produced.
- A variety of performing venues that offer a fine setting for both instruction and musical presentations.
- Dedicated faculty who are committed to teaching, including some of Los Angeles’ finest musicians who regularly perform as soloists or as members of chamber and vocal ensembles.
- Applied studies and ensemble participation for non-majors. A minor in music provides a structured program for students following other major programs.
- Numerous opportunities to perform as part of an active recital/concert series for both the college and community.
- Scholarship monies based on merit and potential.
I welcome the opportunity to share with you more of the exciting, unique opportunities available to students who desire to pursue studies in music at the Mount.
Therese Fassnacht, DMA
Department Chair, Music Department, Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles