Chalon Residence Halls
High atop the Santa Monica Mountains above Brentwood stands our historic Chalon campus, which dates to our founding in 1926. Here you’ll find a wide variety of on-campus living quarters that incorporate comfort, security and community design to foster close relationships with your fellow students.
Brady Residence Hall
Located at the center of campus, Brady Residence Hall is home to our residence desk and outdoor patio. Named after Sister Margaret Mary Brady, the College's first president, this residence hall is unique because it houses primarily double rooms.
- Single rooms, small and large double rooms. View the room layout
- Student lounge, computer lab, outdoor patio, laundry rooms
- 1st and 2nd floors are community bathrooms; some 3rd floor rooms have in-room bath shared by 3-4 residents
- Central heating system with individual room temperature control
Carondelet Hall adjoins Brady Residential Hall, and features jack and jill room shared bathroom style living: two bedrooms share a full bathroom. Centrally located, Carondelet is a five-story building named after the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the founders of Mount St. Mary’s University.
- Single and double rooms. View the room layout
- Computer lab, laundry room, two student lounges, quiet study lounges
- Each room in Carondelet features a full bathroom shared by two resident bedrooms.
- Central heating system with individual room temperature control; each room includes a wall fan
Just east of Mary Chapel is three-story Rossiter Hall and its commanding view of Los Angeles, the Getty Center and Westwood.
- Primarily single half-bath rooms, with a small number of large double rooms. View the room layout
- Computer lab, kitchen, lounge, Haven Park (adjacent to Rossiter Hall)
- Most single rooms include a half-bath (toilet and sink) showers are community; double rooms feature shared bathrooms
- Central heating system and AC units
Yates and Aldworth Houses
MSMU’s jack and jill bathroom style residence halls, Yates and Aldworth Houses feature open-space living with a central kitchen, lounge and dining area for a more home-like feel. Three stories in height, Yates and Aldworth are adjoined by Burns House, which is occupied by Sisters.
- Limited number of single rooms, small and large double rooms
- Large kitchen, lounge and dining area; open design on 2nd and 3rd floors
- jack and jill style bathrooms
- Central heating system with individual room temperature control; each room includes an AC unit