Program Goals & Outcomes
Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program, and the general studies curriculum.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpages
MSMU History Student Learning Outcomes:
Students demonstrate knowledge of and competency in motor skills, movement patterns, and strategies needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Students achieve a level of physical fitness for health and performance while demonstrating knowledge of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies.
Students increase their confidence and self-respect.
Students demonstrate ethical decision-making while accepting personal accountability for actions.
Students develop meaningful relationships that incorporate collaboration, leadership, and respect for diversity.
Students set and pursues individual short- and long-term goals towards health and wellness and demonstrates resiliency in achieving those goals