Program Goals & Outcomes
Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program, and the general studies curriculum.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on university webpages
Sports & Wellness Goals
Provide excellent programs and services founded in theory and evidence.
Contribute to an environment supportive of wellbeing.
Promote diversity, access and respect among the Mount Community.
Prepare resilient leaders.
Offer resources and opportunities to create a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Sports & Wellness Student Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate competency in a selected set of motor skills, movement patterns, and/or strategies needed to perform specific physical activities.
Students will create individual short-term goals related to their personal wellness.
Students will demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication.
Students will demonstrate knowledge in ethical decision making.