Interested in Hiring our Students?
We believe we have one of the most capable, diverse and talented student populations anywhere, so we’re honored to help provide the following recruiting resources to you.
We provide employers with a free online platform to post jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities for students and alumnae through Handshake.
Already have a Handshake account?
To Create a Handshake Account:
- Select the "Employer" tab at https://msmu.joinhandshake.com/register. If your organization is not already registered under an employer account, you will need to create one to proceed.
- Please fill in your employer profile with as much data as possible in order to generate a greater amount of student interest.
Note: When creating your Handshake account, please use your organizational email address or a professional email address if possible. After employer profile and/or job description is complete, please allow 3 to 5 business days for job posting approval. If you have questions or experiencing issues, please contact us at 310-954-4410 or 213-477-2688.
To Post a Job or Internship on Handshake:
- Log into your Handshake account and select the "Job Postings" tab on the left-hand column, and then select the "New Job" tab in the upper-right hand corner.
- Jobs need to be approved by Career and Professional Development before they can be seen by students. This may take up to 3 to 5 business days.
- For further assistance, we recommend visiting the Handshake Support Portal.
Tabling can be a great way to engage with students informally as they cross campus for classes. Tabling promotes opportunities for casual conversation between employers and students. It allows employers the opportunity to build their brands on campus without advanced marketing.
Tabling reservations may be requested via your Handshake account:
- Log into Handshake. (If you do not already have an account, please register.)
- Click on the blue "Create an Event" button.
- Complete the Request Form, enter and submit details regarding your Tabling Session request. Choose "Employer On-Site" as the event type.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- Tabling reservation requests will be approved within 1-2 business days.
Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles provides a number of career events throughout the year. These events are designed to provide information on career and professional opportunities to our students.
Reservations for these events may be requested via your Handshake account.
To attend a career event:
- Log into Handshake.
- Click on "Fairs" on the left-hand side.
- To see all of our career fairs and graduate school fairs, search "MSMU" in the search box at the top of the page.
- Select the career fair you are interested in attending.
- In the top right-hand corner, select "Register."
- For assistance, we recommend visiting the career fair registration support page.
To request an event (e.g. information tabling, workshop, arrange for an employer site visit, etc.):
- Log into Handshake.
- Click "Events" on the left-hand side.
- In the top right-hand corner, click "Request Event."
- Complete information provided.
- For assistance, we recommend visiting the request an event support page.
Handshake is a web application provided by a third-party vendor through the MSMU Career and Professional Development office. While the Handshake platform includes accessibility features, some areas of the tool may be inaccessible.
Career and Professional Development and Handshake are committed to improving the accessibility of the tool. If you encounter barriers to access while using Handshake, please contact Career and Professional Development at (213) 477-2688, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.