Activities & Involvement
Make the most of your MSMU experience – get involved! The Mount offers various activities and involvement opportunities on both campuses. Join a student club, participate in a service project, challenge yourself at Leadership Boot Camp, explore Los Angeles with your fellow Athenians, start your own club/organization, show off your Athenian pride by participating in one of the Mount’s beloved traditions – the possibilities are endless!
Women’s Leadership and Student Involvement Programs
Women’s Leadership and Student Involvement provides extensive opportunities for leadership education and skill-building through co-curricular activities, workshops, coursework, and participation in local and national conferences. We also advise the student government, oversee all clubs and organizations, and coordinate the new student orientation programs on both campuses.
Some of the activities, programs, and events offered through our offices are:
- Annual Athenian Awards Reception (student leader recognition ceremony)
- Annual Women’s Leadership Conference
- Clubs & Organizations on both campuses (40 clubs/organizations total)
- First-Year Student & Transfer Student Orientation Programs
- Leadership Boot Camp (experiential learning experience focused on leadership team-building)
- The Leadership Scholar Program
- The LEAD Program (Leaders Emerging at Doheny)
- MSMU Chapter of The National Society of Leadership & Success (NSLS)
- Orientation Leader Training
- Student Activities Council (SAC)
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Student participation in Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) Seminars in Washington, D.C.
- Various other civic education programs and opportunities