What We Do
Community is a word you'll hear often at Mount Saint Mary's University.
In support of our mission and the spirit of our founders, the Mount offers students off-campus service experiences in partnership with local organizations responding to the needs of various communities.
All Mount students are empowered to participate in a variety of service opportunities to gain awareness of local and global issues impacting our society, to reflect on their experiences, and to become life-long committed advocates and leaders dedicated to creating positive change for the common good.
For more information on volunteer and service opportunities, please contact the Women's Leadership and Student Engagement department.
Honors and Awards
- The President's (United States) Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition, Outstanding Mentoring Award to the City of Los Angeles
- County of Los Angeles, Outstanding Mentoring Award to the City of Los Angeles
- The Carnegie Foundation for Distinguished Service and Community Outreach
- Office of the Mayor of the City of Los Angeles for Outstanding Mentoring to the Youth of the City
- The Archdiocesan Catholic Charities for Distinguished Mentoring to the Youth of the City of Los Angeles
- The Millennium Momentum Foundation, Millennium Momentum Ambassador of Education Award
- Office of the Mayor of the City of Los Angeles, Summer Night Lights, Glassell Recreation Center