What can you do to improve the lives of women and girls in California?
Get the facts and spread the word.
Read the overview of the Report on the Status of Women and Girls in California™, or download the full Report, at msmu.edu/statusofwomen. We also provided a list of additional resources below.
Share the Report with your friends, family and colleagues.
Tweet about the issues and the Report using the hashtag #MSMUWomen. Keep the conversation going at facebook.com/MSMUStatusOfWomen.
Get ‘Ready to Run.’
Learn how to run for political office, work on a campaign or otherwise get involved in public service at Mount Saint Mary’s Ready to Run® nonpartisan campaign training for women each spring. msmu.edu/R2R
Connect with Other Women Leaders.
Join us for Mount Saint Mary’s Women’s Leadership Conference on Sept. 16, 2017. msmu.edu/WLC
Donate your time and talent.
Volunteer for an organization that supports women and girls. To find an organization near you, go to volunteermatch.org.
Contact your elected officials.
Call or write your elected officials about issues affecting women and girls. To locate your state representatives, search the California Secretary of State’s office California Secretary of State’s office.
Interested in creating a Report for your community?
Contact Emerald Archer, director of Mount Saint Mary’s Center for the Advancement of Women, at email@example.com or 213.477.2544.
For more information about what you can do, contact 213.477.2761.
We have complied a list of general resources that students, educators, and advocates may find useful in their pursuit of gender equity. These are organizations that are leading the way in collecting, interpreting, and highlighting data as it relates to women’s advancement in California and across the country.
- California Commission on the Status of Women: http://women.ca.gov/
- California Legislative Women's Caucus: http://womenscaucus.legislature.ca.gov/
- California Women Lead: http://www.cawomenlead.org/
- Center for American Women and Politics: http://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/
- Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media at Mount Saint Mary's University: http://www.seejane.org
- Liberty Hill Foundation: http://www.libertyhill.org/
- No Ceilings: The Full Participation Project: http://www.noceilings.org
- The Women’s College Coalition: http://www.womenscolleges.org/
- Women's Foundation of California: http://www.womensfoundca.org/
- California Employment Development Department, Labor Market Information: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/
- Mount Saint Mary’s University: Guide to Using U.S. Census Data
- National Center for Education Statistics: https://nces.ed.gov
- State of California, Department of Education; Department of Justice; Department of Public Health; Department of Veterans; Secretary of State: http://www.ca.gov
- U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey:https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/