Spotlight Archive Items
Students enjoying one of the most recently renovated spots at the Mount, Rose Hills Plaza on the University's Doheny Campus.
'Welcome Week' kicks off spring semester
El Nino took a breather as Mount Saint Mary's University held several indoor and outdoor events welcoming back nearly 3,500 students for its spring semester.
Welcome Week activities at the Doheny and Chalon campuses included something for everyone:
- A Game Day in Chalon's Student Lounge, featuring a variety of gaming options such as Wii, arcade games and board games.
- Social gatherings for Global Athenian Cafes and movie nights. Thursday Theater is now held every Thursday in the Student Lounge.
- Commuter Registration days that promoted available mentor programs, social programming and on-site services for commuters.
- A campus welcome for the Mount's latest group of Chinese exchange students, complete with orientation sessions and social events, including a half-day tour of Los Angeles' major sights - such as Venice Beach, Hollywood, L.A. Live, Los Angeles City Hall, Olvera Street and Chinatown.
- And Campus Ministry kicked off a 'Jubilee Year of Mercy' with new initiatives, such as #MercyMonday, a prepackaged meal kit program for the Mount's homeless neighbors; a human trafficking awareness campaign; and an L.A. pilgrimage over Martin Luther King Jr weekend that featured a retreat at the Dolores Mission, as well as visits to a local mosque and to the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels.