Spotlight Archive Items
Join a group of Mount St. Mary's alums, friends and faculty on a trip to the Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes, July 5-14, 2015.
Traveling the Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
Alums and members of the extended Mount St. Mary's family are invited to join in a unique travel experience in 2015: "Touring the Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes."
The trip will take participants on a journey through the idyllic treasures of Switzerland and Italy from July 5-14, 2015. Travelers will have the unique opportunity to explore the countries alongside two of Mount St. Mary's senior leaders: President Ann McElaney-Johnson and Vice President of Institutional Advancement Stephanie Cubba.
Highlights will include:
- Excursions by rail, cable car and boat.
- Tours of the resort village of St. Moritz - billed as the town at "The Top of the World" high in the Swiss Alps.
- Immersive visits to towns like Zuoz, rich in traditional Swiss mountain culture.
- A trip through a UNESCO World Heritage Site via the Bernina Express' scenic Alpine rail route.
- Artistic and cultural discoveries in Milan, such as Leonardo da Vinci's painting, "The Last Supper."
- And leisurely cruises on three of Italy's most well-known lakes: Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta.
Each year, the Mount's Alumnae Relations department organizes a trip for its alums and for friends of the College. "Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes" is the educational and travel experience created by the Mount - and its travel partner AHI Travel - for 2015. Accommodations, transportation, and many activities and meals are included in the trip cost.