Spotlight Archive Items
A wellness movement is taking shape at Mount Saint Mary’s University. Because to be an effective leader, strength is a necessity. As Grace Lim ’16 and Dolores Schock ’58 prove in the spring/summer issue of Mount Magazine, strength can make conquering the impossible … possible.
Mount Mag spring / summer issue: 'Where Healthy Can Lead'
As Mount Saint Mary’s University moves forward on the planned construction of a Wellness Pavilion at Chalon and the launch of a wellness movement this fall, the spring/summer issue of Mount Magazine profiles two Athenians who are proving themselves unstoppable at any age:
- Grace Lim ’16, a criminology and political science double major, created her own internship program to become the first intern assigned to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s elite Special Enforcement Bureau; and
- Biomedical researcher and academic Dolores Schock ’58 who, as she approaches her 80th birthday, continues notching top-place finishes in national senior triathlons around the country.
The magazine also takes a look at:
- How the Mount’s Study Away program helped one student gain the confidence to say “yes” to fearlessness and to opening doors she never expected;
- The three Leahy sisters, all second-generation Mount alumnae, whose leadership established the Leahy Family Endowed Scholarship and who are now playing key roles supporting construction of the Wellness Pavilion; and
- The 25th anniversary of the University’s Student Ambassador program, which is consistently recognized by the federal government on the President’s Community Service Honor Roll.
Other stories include updates about the University’s first hybrid MBA program, new MSMU Online undergraduate degree and certificate programs, the latest women’s research produced by the Mount, new club basketball team, faculty honors, engagement opportunities, and campus and alum news.
Read the full issue online at msmu.edu/magazine. It can be also be downloaded at the iTunes App Store and on Google Play (Mount Magazine).