About José Drudis-Biada
October 25 - November 26
Art Historian, PhD
Avinyó, Barcelona, Spain.
Son of Juan Drudis and Montserrat Biada de Drudis.
Grandson of Miguel Biada, founder of the first railroad in Spain (Barcelona, Mataro).
Naturalized Citizen: United States of America, 1933.
Director: California Art club, Los Angeles, California; Carson Estate Company, Los Angeles, California; Dominguez Estate Company, Los Angeles, California.
Member: Museum Associates of the Los Angeles County Museum.
Founder and President: José Drudis Foundation.
Biographical References: Who's Who in American Art, Washington, D.C.; Who's Who in Los Angeles County; Who's Who in California.
Graduate University of Barcelona, School of Fine Arts, Spain.
Prizes and Awards:
- Official of Public Instruction, Les Palmes Academiques, Republic of France.
- Commander Cross, Grand Prix Humanitaire Belge, Belgium.
- Founder, Water Color Society of Catalonia, Spain.
- First Award, Real Circulo Artistico de Barcelona, Spain.
- Gold Medal of City of Mataro, presented by the Mayor of Mataro, Spain.
- First Award, Watercolor, Friday Morning Club Exhibition, Los Angeles.
- Second Award, The Pacific Coast Club, Long Beach.
- Gold Medal, Portraits, California Art Club Annual Exhibition, Los Angeles.
- Gold Medal, Landscapes, California Art Club Annual Exhibition, Los Angeles.
- Medal of honor, Scandanavian-American Art Society of Los Angeles.
- Honorable Mention, California Art club, Greek Theatre, Los Angeles; Ebell Club, Annual Exhibition, Los Angeles; International Exhibition of Contemporary Art, Hollywood; Charles W. Bower Memorial Museum, Santa Ana, California.
- Second Prize, "Portrait of George Earl Carson," Friday Morning Club, Los Angeles.
- Invited Exhibitor, Exposición de Paisajistas Catalanes, Palacio Bibliotecas y Museos, Madrid.