President's Invitation to Serve 2018
On Saturday, November 3, 2018, hundreds of students, faculty, staff, alums and friends of Mount Saint Mary’s University will answer President Ann McElaney-Johnson's "Invitation to Serve" — a day solely dedicated to giving back to the community. The President’s Invitation to Serve is special because it enables members of the Mount community to come together to carry on the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to serve the dear neighbor without distinction.
Date: Saturday, November 3rd
Location: Mount Saint Mary's University - Doheny Campus
Time: 7:45am - 1:30pm
To participate in this day, please fill out the form in its entirety. The following sites are available for you to volunteer on November 3rd:
1. Los Angeles Regional Food Bank (Food Packaging)
2. Alexandria House (Thrift Store assistance)
3. Heal the Bay (Beach clean-up at Santa Monica Pier)
4. Society of Saint Vincent de Paul (Thrift Store assistance)
5. Saint Lawrence of Brindisi Catholic School (Library assistance organizing books)
6. South Los Angeles Animal Shelter (Animal assistance and shelter clean-up)
7. Rise Against Hunger (Food packaging on campus at MSMU)
Dependent upon the space available for each site; you will be offered a position to volunteer at your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option for a site. Follow up information about your volunteer assignment will be sent to you prior to Saturday, November 3rd.
Please contact anyone from the Community Engagement Team with questions or concerns about Invitation to Serve.
Please read the following Release and Waiver document before completing the form