Program Goals & Outcomes
Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program, and the general studies curriculum.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpages.
- Students’ knowledge and development of etiquette will expand by attending our annual Etiquette Dinner.
- Students who attend the Job & Internship Fair will gain work experience of some kind (i.e. volunteer, job shadow, intern, part-time or full-time work) based on networking with a professional contact at the Fair.
- SPR 18 students’ career competencies and professional growth will strengthen based on course completion.
- Students’ knowledge of how to be an effective interviewer will increase after attending “The InterVIEW” workshop.