- About Us
- Students and Alumnae
- For Employers
- Career Readiness and Professionalism
- Student Preparation for Graduate School
- 10 Fun Facts
10 Fun Facts
- Of the 2,480 traditional first-time freshmen, 95% are from Southern California and 64% come from public high school.
- A full 51 percent of baccalaureate graduates from Mount Saint Mary's University go on to earn advanced degrees, either at the Mount or at other leading colleges and universities across the country.
- Nearly two-thirds of Mount students participate in community service across the state of California, which includes projects such as tutoring inner-city children, working at health clinics, feeding the homeless, and much more.
- The Mount is the only Catholic college primarily for women in the western United States; however, males presently account for 3% of the Mount’s population.
- The Mount offers over 30 academic, cultural, Greek, service and special-interest clubs and organizations to its students.
- With Nursing being the predominate interest among Mount students, they also pursue majors in Art, Business, Education, Psychology or any other of the 25 majors Mount Saint Mary’s has to offer.
- 55% of students intern with companies such as KPMG, CNN, DreamWorks, and KTLA-TV Los Angeles.
- In the last few years, Mount students from the College's Pre-Law program have been named Best Attorney twice and Best Witness twice at the Great Western Regional competition for the American Mock Trial Association.
- 30 Mount students have been awarded the prestigious Rockefeller Brothers Fund Fellowship for Aspiring Teachers of Color — more than any other college in the entire nation.
- Mount students are known for presenting at science conferences, earning national teaching grants, and participating in the annual Public Leadership Education Network’s (PLEN) Women and Congress Seminar in Washington, D.C.
Adapted from MSMU Career Services & Internship Handout, 2010