Spiritual Direction Certificate Program Application for Admission
The Religious Studies program at Mount Saint Mary’s University, in collaboration with the CSJ Institute and the Sisters of St. Joseph Carondelet, Los Angeles Province, now offer a three-year, non-residential Spiritual Direction Certificate Program. To apply, students must meet the following pre-requisites:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- Currently be in spiritual direction;
- Make a commitment to a life of prayer, discernment and faith; and
- Have life experiences consistent with the requirements of the successful practice of spiritual direction.
Prospective students who wish to apply must submit an application form and the following documents:
- Transcripts from all schools attended;
- A brief personal statement (not to exceed 3 pages, typed, double-spaced) that responds to the following questions:
- Why you have chosen to pursue the certificate in Spiritual Direction and who has been central in shaping this decision?
- Why you feel called to complete a certificate in Spiritual Direction with an emphasis on Ignatian-Salesian Spirituality?