- Alumni Snapshot
- Application Procedures
- Program Goals and Outcomes
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedules
- Department Newsletter
- Education Specialist Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Education Specialist Mild Moderate Disabilities
- Elementary California Teacher Preparation
- Individually Designed Program
- Induction Program
- Instructional Leadership
- Integration of Liberal Arts
- News and Events
- Secondary California Teacher Preparation
- Student Spotlight
- Tuition and Financial Aid
News and Events
Education Student Publishes Article in Educational Leadership Journal
Missing Image for:
Julia Mason Wasson, a student in Mount St. Mary's Instructional Leadership program, recently published an article in Educational Leadership on Way of Council – a protocol for authentic sharing among students, teachers, or any individuals gathered together to respectfully listen to each other's experiences.
When asked what she finds particularly powerful about Way of Council, Julia responded, "It gives you access to the material and voices that might not emerge without that really explicit invitation, and the safety. To hear people's stories is to really understand why they think and act the way they do."
Shortly after her article was published in Educational Leadership, the Association for Education and Curriculum and Development invited Julia to submit a book proposal on Way of Council. Congratulations, Julia!