General Counseling Psychology
The General Counseling Psychology (GCP) specialization prepares students to work in education and non-profit settings with a focus on social justice.
Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC)
The Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) specialization prepares students for MFT or PCC licensure in California.
The ¡Enlaces! certification is embedded in the MFT/PCC specialization, preparing students to work with Spanish-speaking clients by offering bilingual courses.
Where Our Students Have Interned
Have you ever wondered where our Mount Saint Mary’s University Graduate Psychology Students have interned? Meet some of the agencies, community-based organizations, and schools who are empowering our agents of change.
Agencies & Community-Based Organizations
- Aids Project Los Angeles
- Asian Pacific Counseling & Treatment Centers
- Aviva Center
- Clinica Romero
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Eisner Health
- Exodus Recovery Inc.
- Hollywood Sunset Free Clinic
- LGBT Center of Long Beach
- Los Angeles LGBT Center
- South Central Training Consortium
- Southern California Counseling Center
- Uplift Family Services at Hollygrove
- Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services
- YWCA of Greater Los Angeles
- And many more
- Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
- East Los Angeles College
- Los Angeles City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Los Angeles Mission College
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College
- Los Angeles Valley College
- West Los Angeles College
- And many more
The Marriage & Family Therapist (MFT) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) programs meet the standards and have been approved by the California Board of Behavioral Science, leading to an MFT or LPCC counselor license in California. Students who wish to practice in a state other than California may or may not have additional requirements to complete prior to applying for licensure. Mount Saint Mary’s University is in the process of researching professional licensure requirements in other states. Contact the Psychology department at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss additional requirements that may be needed to obtain an MFT or LPCC license in a state outside of California.