Graduate Admission Policies and Application Procedures
Graduate Admission Policies
A student who holds a bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university is eligible to apply for admission. The student's previous academic record must give evidence of the ability and the preparation necessary for successfully pursuing graduate study. Admission will be based on an evaluation of the applicant's potential for success in both the program and the profession.
Graduate Application Procedures
Applications, with all supporting documents, must be completed before or during the first semester of enrollment. (See application procedures for Doctor of Physical Therapy Admission)
The applicant forwards the following to:
The Office of Graduate Admission
Mount Saint Mary’s University
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007-2598
- Application and application fee.
- One official, sealed, transcript of all previous college work, both undergraduate and graduate, sent directly from each institution to the Office of Graduate Admission. These records should demonstrate a minimum GPA of 3.0 for applicants to all graduate programs.
- Letters of recommendation from persons who have had ample opportunity to judge the applicant's academic ability, achievement and professional potential. (Personal references from family members, close friends, and neighbors are discouraged.)
- Statement of interest/application essay (see Graduate Application).
- For DPT applicants, official GRE score reports should be submitted to PTCAS. All other required official test reports are to be sent to Graduate Admissions. The California Subject Examination for Teachers is required for Education applicants. The Graduate Record Exam or Graduate Management Admission Test is required for MBA applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 during the last 60 semester units.
- An interview with graduate faculty may be included, depending on the program.
- MSN and ADN to MSN applicants must meet all nursing department policies regarding health data, immunization/tests/titers (i.e. TB, Polio, TD, Hepatitis B, Measles, Varicella, etc.), and criminal background check. Contact Graduate Admissions for current requirements.
IN ADDITION, GRADUATES OF FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES AT WHICH ENGLISH IS NOT THE PRIMARY LANGUAGE MUST:
- Submit results of the IELTS test with required minimum band score of 6.5 OR submit results of the TOEFL test with required minimum score of 79 for internet-based test, 213 for computer-based test, or 550 for the paper-based test..
- Have their transcripts sent to an MSMU approved credential evaluation service agency for equivalency evaluation.
International students must:
- Submit a notarized statement and supporting documents guaranteeing financial support during the period of study at Mount Saint Mary’s University.
- Submit a medical certificate.
- Complete necessary visa documents.
Non-Discrimination / Equal Educational Opportunity Policy: Mount Saint Mary’s University is committed to providing an educational environment that is free from discrimination. The University prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical conditions including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. This Non-Discrimination/Equal Educational Opportunity Policy applies in the University’s administration of its admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and educational programs.