Title V Graduate Transitions Scholarships
MSMU’s Title V Graduate Transitions Scholarships are made possible by Title V funding by the US Department of Education to support the needs of Hispanic American students and/or students with financial need (FAFSA EFC<$5,000) entering into graduate level academic study at MSMU in Fall 2018.
The purpose of the Graduate Transitions Scholarships is to provide new graduate students with support and services designed for successful entry and transition to the rigors of graduate level study. Graduate Transitions Scholarships in the amount of $5,000 will be awarded to a select number of eligible new students in the Mount’s Graduate Degree Programs for study during the 2018-2019 academic year (Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019). Graduate Transitions Scholarships will be granted as three installments of tuition credit in each of the 2018-2019 semesters, and are non-renewable.
Students awarded this scholarship are also eligible for a loaner laptop for use for the duration of their studies at MSMU.
- Hispanic American and/or students with demonstrated financial need entering into graduate level study at MSMU are eligible to apply.
- US citizenship required (per requirements of Title V funding.)
- Applicants must submit a 2018-2019 FAFSA and comply with all other MSMU financial aid requirements. Applicants who receive a Graduate Transitions scholarship are eligible to be considered for additional Financial Aid to supplement this scholarship.
- Applicants must hold a GPA average of 3.0.
- Applicants must follow all Graduate Division policy requirements for admission to a graduate degree program and be admitted to the program and to the Graduate Division of the College.
Maintaining Scholarship Funding
- Students must be continuously enrolled full time (min. 6 units) each term, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 in order to be eligible to receive the Scholarship. Any student who fails to enroll full time (min. 6 units) will cease to be eligible for tuition reimbursement installment(s).
- Students need to maintain a 3.0 GPA upon enrollment, and are subject to Graduate Division policy pertaining to academic probation and dismissal.
- Scholarship recipients must meet all other requirements of MSMU and graduate program as specified in the Catalog, Graduate Student Handbooks, and other Mount publications.
- Submit a FAFSA application to MSMU’s Office of Student Financing
- Complete the Transitions Scholarship Application (insert link here)
Scholarship applications will not be considered unless an applicant has been admitted for graduate study, and FAFSA applications are submitted. Applications submitted after the priority deadline will be considered on a first-come first-serve basis.
The priority deadline has passed but still currently accepting applications.
About Title V Graduate Transitions Scholarships
Title V Graduate Transitions Scholarships are supported by the US Department of Education Promoting Postbaccalaureate Opportunities for Hispanic Americans (PPOHA) Program. This program provides grants to: (1) expand postbaccalaureate educational opportunities for, and improve the academic attainment of, Hispanic students; and (2) expand the postbaccalaureate academic offerings as well as enhance the program quality in the institutions of higher education that are educating the majority of Hispanic college students and helping large numbers of Hispanic and low-income students complete postsecondary degrees. http://www2.ed.gov/programs/ppoha