The Transfer Admission Process
Who can apply to the undergraduate degree programs?
Admission to Bachelor Degree Programs
The Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Music, and the Bachelor of Science degree programs are offered on the Chalon campus. All undergraduate majors are open to women; men may be admitted only to the Nursing program.
Applications for non-nursing candidates applying for the Fall semester are due March 15th; For the Spring semester applications for non-nursing candidates are due November 1st.
Admission to Associate Degree Programs
The Associate Degree Program at Mount Saint Mary’s University is offered on the Doheny Campus. Students may seek a traditional Associate of Arts degree or a specialized AA degree in a professional program. Students are offered the opportunity to transfer to the baccalaureate program. All programs are open to women; men are admitted only to the Associate Degree in Nursing program.
Candidates' files for admission will be evaluated when the following documents have been received.
- Application, completed and signed
- $50 application fee or fee waiver from your school - $50 application fee online, payable by check or credit card.
- Application essay
- Official College Transcripts
- Official final high school transcripts are needed if applying with under 24 transferable units to the Bachelor Degree programs (if you have not been educated in English language, official transcripts must be translated).
- Official record of the SAT or ACT are needed if applying with under 24 transferable units to the Bachelor of Arts Degree program or 15 transferable units if applying to the Associate of Arts Degree program.
- Academic Reference (form is provided in the application and should be mailed by the person completing the reference). Downloaded the Academic reference form .
- TOEFL. Official score of at least 550 must be sent from the testing service if you have not been educated in the English language
Note: A personal statement describing a special situation may be included with the application if the statement includes information supporting the applicant that would help the Admission Committee reach a decision.
All documents should be sent to the Admissions Office, Mount Saint Mary’s University, 12001 Chalon Road, Los Angeles, CA 90049.
Once the application documents have been received, the file will be evaluated and a decision made by the Admission Committee. Approximately two weeks after the Committee's decision, the student will be notified by mail and via our website.
Admitted students will be required to submit a tuition deposit to hold their places in the entering classes. For students entering the Fall semester, this tuition deposit is due by May 1 or within two weeks of the receipt of a financial aid package, whichever is later. For Spring semester, this deposit is due in December. The tuition deposit is not refundable under any circumstances and will be credited directly to the student's account in the Business Office.