Apply Now For Fall 2021
Fall 2021 applicants will not be required to submit SAT or ACT scores for admission.
Priority Deadline: January 15th
Welcome to Mount Saint Mary’s University in Los Angeles, one of California’s top private colleges. Since 1925, the Mount has been known for delivering a quality education to generations of young women seeking to attend nursing school or gain a degree in education.
Today, Mount Saint Mary’s University is much more than nursing and education degrees, however; we offer a wide range of undergraduate degrees, including political science, biology and a respected film program – all right in the heart of Los Angeles.
The Mount specializes in “experiential education” – where students from all walks of life come together to work collaboratively with one another and a dedicated faculty on projects both inside and out of the classroom. Our student body and educators alike believe in the mission of helping others, so many of our internships and programs are designed to give back to our community – on a local as well as global level.
Mount Saint Mary’s University welcomes your interest and application. As one of California’s top private colleges, we know you will find your future with us.
Our admissions’ policy which was adopted unanimously by the Board of Trustees in May 2018 is that any student who was born female or identifies as female is eligible for admission to our traditional undergraduate women’s university. A student with documents such as transcripts, standardized test scores, or FAFSA submissions, which include a gender designation that does not accurately reflect the student’s gender identity is encouraged to bring this to the attention of the admissions office at the time of application.
Can I apply for admission to Mount Saint Mary’s University?+-
Mount Saint Mary’s University welcomes all qualified applicants. All our bachelor degree programs are open to women; men are welcome to apply to our nursing programs. The Office of Undergraduate Admission is now accepting applications for Fall 2021.
We have two campuses: Chalon, high in the hills above West Los Angeles; and Doheny, in the heart of historic Los Angeles near downtown.
Chalon is home to our Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of science degree programs.
Doheny is home to our graduate degree programs and associate degree program, which confers Associate of Arts or specialized Associate degrees in professional programs. Students who enroll in our associate degree program are offered, upon successful completion of their program, the opportunity to transfer to the baccalaureate program (where students earn Bachelor degrees).
Students interested in an education credential program or Weekend/Evening & Online College, a baccalaureate degree program designed for working adults, can also pursue these programs at our Doheny campus.
How do I apply for a waiver to my application fee?+-
Contact your MSMU admission counselor for a fee waiver code.
What documents are required for my application?+-
- Common Application with essay
- $50 application fee or fee waiver (contact your admission counselor if you need a waiver)
- Official high school transcript sent directly to MSMU
- Letter of recommendation
Note: SAT and ACT scores are not required for applicants for fall 2021
I’ve applied – what happens next?+-
Congratulations on applying to one of California’s top private colleges!
The Mount’s Admission Committee will carefully review and discuss your application. You will be notified of the Committee’s decision by postal mail and through your personal account at the Mount’s website.
If you are admitted, the following events will take place:
- Your request for financial aid will be forwarded to our Financial Aid Office for action
- You will be required to submit a tuition deposit. The deadline is May 1 for the fall semester (or within two weeks of the receipt of the financial aid package, whichever is later). For Spring semester, the deadline is early December. Tuition deposits are not refundable.
If you are not admitted, the following options may be available to you:
- In some cases, the Admission Committee feels a student requires further preparation. In this event, you may be admitted under the Alternative Access Program or the Doheny Associate of Arts Degree Program.
- In some cases, the student may be admitted on a conditional basis. This typically includes a requirement that you meet specific conditions set forth in your letter of admission.
- In some cases, the student is not admitted and we recommend attendance at another educational institution before re-applying to the Mount.
What is the Early Action Program?+-
Interested in applying early to Mount Saint Mary’s University? Would you like to be considered for our full-tuition Le Puy Scholarship? If you’re planning on attending MSMU, simply apply by December 1 and you will receive your admission decision by January. If you are admitted, you have until May 1 to accept the Mount’s offer of admission.
I would like to apply for financial aid – what are my next steps?+-
Simply click here to visit the Mount’s Office of Student Financing.
Connect with MSMU