Application Checklist and Prerequisites
RN to BSN Program
The following are prerequisite requirements for all applications to the RN to BSN program. Please review them by using the section below for more information.
RN to BSN Prerequisites+-
Here are the prerequisite requirement courses that need to be completed prior to applying to the program. Haven't completed some or all? Apply for the Pre-Nursing Option.
RN to BSN Minimum Requirements+-
Minimum requirements for consideration are as follows:
- 2.8 cumulative GPA
- 2.5 cumulative science GPA (Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology)
- Unencumbered, valid, active RN license in the state of California
- Completion of all prerequisite requirements with a grade of C or better
Please submit the following for consideration into the RN to BSN Program. Choose which RN to BSN option is right for you (new or returning applicant) by clicking the appropriate section for more information.
RN to BSN New Applicant Checklist+-
- Completed application- $50 application fee
- Official Transcript(s)
- AP Scores
- 2 references (academic or professional; official letterhead required)
- Personal Statement- Submit 2-3 typewritten and double-spaced pages addressing the following:
- Why do you want to attend the RN to BSN Completion Program at Mount Saint Mary’s University?
- What talents and qualities do you possess to make you a strong candidate for this program?
- What are your short and long-term goals?
- Have you encountered any educational challenges in the past?
- How have you planned financially and personally to be successful in the RN to BSN program?
RN to BSN Reapplication Checklist+-
- Completed Reapplication
- Official updated transcripts- Submit official transcripts for courses completed after you last applied to the program
- Updated personal statement- Submit 1 typewritten and double-spaced page explaining what has changed since you last applied to the program
- Priority Deadline for Spring: November 1. The start date for the spring term is early January.
- Priority Deadline for Fall: April 1. The start date for the fall term is end of August.
Students may not apply to more than one of our nursing programs within the same start term.
ATTN: Office of Admission
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Fax Number: 213-477-2569
Submit Electronic Documents to email@example.com
Questions and Information firstname.lastname@example.org