Application Checklist and Prerequisites
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
The following are prerequisite requirements for all applications to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Please review them by using the section below for more information.
Here are the prerequisite requirement courses that need to be completed prior to applying to the program.
Haven't completed some or all? Apply for the Pre-Nursing Option.
* Indicates courses that must have been completed within five years prior to admission.
Nutrition courses must be taken during the sophomore year of the nursing program at MSMU; nutrition courses taken outside of MSMU will be granted general education credit only.
You may repeat a prerequisite course no more than once. Failure (C- and below) of any two pre-requisite courses will result in non-admission to our Pre-Nursing Option or Nursing Program.
If you are interested in knowing which courses taken at four-year colleges and universities are equivalent to MSMU required courses, please schedule an appointment with an admission counselor.
Please submit the following for consideration into the BSN Program. Choose which BSN option is right for you (new or returning applicant) by clicking the appropriate section for more information.
BSN New Applicant Requirements+-
- Completed application- $50 application fee
- Official Transcript(s) from ALL previously attended institutions
- Official Transcripts from international institutions in addition to a Comprehensive Transcript Evaluation Report by an accredited international evaluation agency
- Official AP Scores (if applicable)
- 1 reference (academic or professional; official letterhead required)
- Personal Statement- Submit 2-3 typewritten and double-spaced pages addressing the following:
- How will becoming a nurse help you make a difference in others’ lives?
BSN Reapplicant Requirements+-
- Completed Reapplication
- Applicant Self-Reporting Checklist
- Official updated transcripts- Submit official transcripts for courses completed after you last applied to the program
- Updated personal statement- Submit 1 typewritten and double-spaced page explaining what has changed since you last applied to the program
Questions about the waitlist policy at Mount Saint Mary's University? Please click the section below for more information.
BSN Applicant Waitlist Procedure+-
- If selected for the waitlist, it will be for the term to which you have applied
- Applicants will be moved from the waitlist to admit status by the BSN department if space becomes available for the term to which you have applied
- Applicants will be notified when the waitlist is closed
- Applicants not removed from the waitlist after the closing of the cohort are welcome to reapply to the BSN program
- Formerly waitlisted students will not be offered priority consideration for future file reviews
Students may not apply to more than one of our nursing programs within the same start term.
ATTN: Office of Admission
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Fax Number: 213-477-2569
Submit Electronic Documents to email@example.com
Questions and Information firstname.lastname@example.org