Application Checklist and Prerequisites
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Apply to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
The following are prerequisite requirements for all applications to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Please review them by using the section below for more information.
** Important note: These courses must be completed prior to the start of the program. You will need to take three courses across the following list of LACE categories: Community, Global Awareness and Understanding, and Women and Gender. Each course needs to fall into a separate category, which means you cannot use two or more courses from the same category to fulfill the 9 units.
* Indicates courses that must have been completed within five years prior to admission.
A student may repeat a course required for the nursing major no more than once. Failure (C- and below) of any two required science or prerequisite courses results in non-admission.
No entrance exam required.
Please submit the following for consideration into the Accelerated BSN Program. Choose which Accelerated BSN option is right for you (new or returning applicant) by clicking the appropriate section for more information.
ABSN New Applicant Requirements+-
- Completed application- $50 application fee
- Applicant Self-Reporting Checklist
- Official Transcript(s) from ALL previously attended institutions
- Official transcripts and translation key from study away/abroad programs
- Official Transcripts from international institutions in addition to a Comprehensive Transcript Evaluation Report by an accredited international evaluation agency
- AP Scores (if applicable)
- 2 references (academic or professional; official letterhead required)
- Nursing Essay- Submit 2-3 typewritten and double-spaced pages addressing the following:
- Why are you choosing a career in nursing at this time?
- Describe and include length of time of any health care experiences, paid or volunteer.
- Have you discussed the full-time plus time commitments of the program with your family and friends? Are they prepared to support you?
- Describe in detail your plans to finance your education
- As part of the application process, applicants who meet program requirements will be interviewed by program faculty. The interviews may be in person or by teleconference. More information will be provided to applicants who progress to the interview phase of the application process.
ABSN Reapplication Requirements+-
- Completed Reapplication
- Applicant Self-Reporting Checklist
- Official updated transcripts- Submit official transcripts for courses completed after you last applied to the program
- Updated nursing essay- Submit 1 typewritten and double-spaced page explaining what has changed since you last applied to the program
- As part of the reapplication process, applicants who meet program requirements and previously interviewed will need to be interviewed again by program faculty. The interviews may be in person or by teleconference. More information will be provided to applicants who progress to the interview phase of the reapplication process.
Questions about the waitlist policy at Mount Saint Mary's University? Please click the section below for more information.
ABSN Applicant Waitlist Procedure+-
- If selected for the waitlist, it will be for the term to which you have applied
- Applicants will be moved from the waitlist to admit status by the Accelerated BSN department if space becomes available for the term to which you have applied
- Applicants will be notified when the waitlist is closed
- Applicants not removed from the waitlist after the closing of the cohort are welcome to reapply to the Accelerated BSN program
- Formerly waitlisted students will not be offered priority consideration for future file reviews
Students may not apply to more than one of our nursing programs within the same start term.
ATTN: Office of Admission
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Fax Number: 213-477-2569
Submit Electronic Documents to email@example.com
Questions and Information firstname.lastname@example.org