Accelerated BSN Program
Looking for program prerequisites?View ABSN Checklist and Prerequisites
Do you have a baccalaureate degree in another field, but are considering a career in nursing? Mount Saint Mary's University recommends our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program.
With both summer and fall program starts, the ABSN program is the perfect transition to a career in nursing. The degree program is limited to 40 students each term.
The ABSN program is structured in a demanding and accelerated format. ABSN students are required to attend planned lecture and clinical learning experiences up to 40 hours each week, including weekends. Given these demands, applicants admitted to the program should not plan to work during the 12-months of the program
Minimum requirements for consideration are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Completion of all prerequisite requirements with a grade of C or better
- Completion of Basic Math Exam
Once you've completed your prerequisites (or are nearly complete), we invite you to submit your ABSN degree program application. Here are some key dates to remember:
- For the summer term, application opens July 1. Your required documents must arrive at the Admission Office or be postmarked by November 1. The start date for the summer term is mid-May.
- For the fall term, application opens December 1. Your documents must arrive or be postmarked by March 1. The start date for the fall term is end of August.
An Admission Counselor is available to answer your questions. Email us at email@example.com. Please be sure to include the specific nursing program of interest as well as start term of interest.
As with all Mount nursing programs, our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nurses and accredited by the Collegiate Commission on Nursing Education.
ABSN Cost Estimates
To learn more about the costs for the Mount's Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program, please refer to our Program Charges page.