LA the MSMU Way
Welcome to L.A.!
Mount Saint Mary’s University is situated on two beautiful campuses nestled right in Los Angles, California—one of the world's greatest cities. It's diverse, lively, trend-setting, and fun, and there is so much to love!
Our Chalon campus rests high atop the Santa Monica Mountains on the west side of Los Angeles. Built in the 1930s, Chalon is home to the majority of our traditional undergraduate students. Our Doheny campus is situated in a park-like environment just south of downtown Los Angeles, and very near the University of Southern California. Comprised of a number of historic mansions, this campus is home to both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Though Los Angeles is one of the world’s biggest and most dynamic cities , both Mount campuses offer an educationally nurturing escape from urban life. Students enjoy safe and beautiful environments in which to study, learn, socialize, and grow to become globally conscious leaders.
Los Angeles is not only one of the most populous cities in the world, but also one of the United States’ most ethnically diverse. The area is also served by a rapidly growing public transit system known as the Metro, with both bus and train service to many points around L.A.
Weather in Los Angeles is very mild and temperate, with average temperatures in the 70-degree Fahrenheit range. As a northern hemisphere climate, our summers occur in the June to September timeframe, while winters range from December to March. It does not snow in Los Angeles, though rain can be common in the winter months (but infrequent during other times of the year).
Los Angeles At-a-Glance
- There are 3.8 million people from 140 countries, speaking 86 languages.
- 292 days a year are filled with warmth and sunshine.
- You can swim, surf, and play along 75 miles of coastline.
- Visit the more than 300 museums and 16,000+ street murals.
- L.A. is the home of Hollywood, Universal Studios, Sony Pictures, Walt Disney, movie stars, celebrities, and more.
- The city has the 16th largest economy compared to the world's top 20 countries, and houses the largest number of women-owned businesses in the United States.
- L.A. nightlife is full of options: You can see a rock concert under the stars at the Hollywood Bowl or Greek Theater; go to the Staples Center for a Lakers or Clippers basketball game; visit Walt Disney Concert Hall for classical music and jazz; dance salsa at the Congo Room; or simply people-watch at Venice Boardwalk or the Santa Monica Pier.
To learn more about life at the Mount, contact Jacqueline Ha-Maki from the Center for Global Initiatives by emailing email@example.com.