J-1 Exchange Student Admission
Students from partner universities have the opportunity to study at Mount Saint Mary’s University for a semester or a year. While studying at Mount Saint Mary’s University, students must enroll in a minimum of 12 units in the undergraduate program.
For more information about studying at Mount Saint Mary’s University, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested students should contact their home university to apply to study at Mount Saint Mary’s University.
Once nominated, students should complete the Mount Saint Mary's University application.
To complete your next steps, please refer to our Exchange Application Procedures page for more information.
Housing & Meal Plans
Students who plan on living on-campus must complete the housing application and submit it to MSMU Residence Life. For more on-campus housing information, visit International Housing at MSMU. All students who live on campus are required to purchase meal plans.
For information on our meal plans, please refer below:
Resident Meal Plans
|Plan||Dining Room Value||Flex Funds|
|Platinum||$98.00 weekly||$50.00 per semester|
|Gold||$90.00 weekly||$180.00 per semester|
|Silver||$85.00 weekly||$250.00 per semester|
- Flex funds can be used to purchase additional meals, coffee blends at the Chalon coffee bar or meals for friends and family. Flex funds can be used at dining rooms on both campuses.
- Weekly value funds may only be used by the card holder. Food purchased for family and friends will automatically be charged to flex funds.
- The Gold Plan will be automatically assigned for students who do not select a meal plan.
- The Meal Plan is included in the Residence Life room and board fees. It is not a separate charge.
- Dining Contract Terms & Conditions
Health Records & Immunization
All students must submit personal health records and immunizations to the MSMU Student Health Services. To view the requirements, visit MSMU Student Health Services.
All students must carry Student Health and Accident Insurance. The Mount's student insurance plan can be found here.
For International Exchange student payment questions, email email@example.com.
MSMU offers complimentary (MSMU Student ID is needed) inter-campus shuttle buses between our beautiful Doheny Campus and majestic Chalon Campus. On Weekdays, evenings, and weekends, our exclusive Chalon Campus LA Explore complimentary shuttle buses take you to various marvelous destinations such as Santa Monica Pier, Westwood Village, and more.
Our Center for Global Initiatives offers excursion trips, recreational activities, and cultural events throughout each academic semester.
Mount Saint Mary's University, Los Angeles has student exchange partnerships with the following universities:
- Nanjing University in Nanjing, China
- Gannan Normal University in Ganzhou, China
- Richmond University in London, England
- Universidad Anahuac Mayab in Merida, the capital state of Yucatan, Mexico
- Universidad Latina in Cuernavaca, Cuautla, Sur & Roma, Mexico
- University of Shiga Prefecture in Japan
- Zhengzhou Tourism College
- Jinling College, Nanjing
- Shaanxi University of Science and Technology
- Guangdong Women’s Polytechnic College (GWPC)
We look forward to welcoming you to Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles!
Center for Global Initiatives