Undergraduate Learning Goals
Our Undergraduate Learning Goals are a unified statement of the outcomes of a Mount Saint Mary’s University education. This education is guided by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, which embraces the liberal arts, sciences, and humanities to educate the whole person – mind, body, and spirit. The outcomes represent the College’s commitment to helping our students become reflective individuals who use their knowledge, skills, and imagination to serve their communities and our world.
MSMU Undergraduate Learning Goals:
A Mount St. Mary’s graduate will demonstrate depth of learning through being proficient in the content and methods of her/his discipline or field.
The graduate will demonstrate breadth of learning through mastery of the liberal arts and sciences as appropriate to the degree. In particular, a graduating student will be a(n):
- Complex Thinker who applies investigation, critical thinking, and analytic and decision-making skills to identify and solve problems effectively.
- Clear communicator who effectively conveys ideas, opinions, and facts in written and oral form.
- Informed and participatory citizen with a commitment to service and an appreciation for the environment in which she/he lives.
- Effective Leader and Contributor who takes initiative, functions as a team member, makes sound moral judgments, and works in a global context.
- Life-Long Learner who appreciates and is curious about the world in which she/he lives.
Approved by Faculty Assembly, March 23, 2007