Borrowing from other Libraries
Intercampus Mail Delivery -Campus to Campus (MSMU)
- Search the MSMU Library Catalog for the book you need. You may search by title, author, subject or keyword.
- If the book is available in an MSMU Library, it can be sent to either Chalon or Doheny libraries via Intercampus Mail.
- Just ask a librarian or one of our student workers at the circulation desk to order it for you. Please allow at least 2 days for delivery.
LINK+ Interlibrary Loan Service
- LINK+ is a free service which allows current MSMU students, faculty and staff to borrow books from other LINK+ participating academic and public libraries in California and Nevada.
- LINK+ is a combined catalog of materials belonging to the participating libraries. MSMU Libraries’ users may only borrow books. Materials such as media and journals are searchable, but not available for borrowing.
- LINK+ has faster delivery than traditional Interlibrary Loan. Books are delivered to both Chalon and Doheny campus libraries by courier service.
- You can request a book using the MSMU Libraries’ online catalog, which connects to the LINK+ catalog. Library users may also go directly to the LINK+ catalog by clicking the button below:
- All LINK+ users must have a current library card, free of fines, to use the service.
- The loan period is 21 days with one renewal. You may renew your books and monitor the status of your requests by clicking “Renew Books/View Record” on the MSMU Libraries’ home page. Log in using your name and library bar code to see if materials have been shipped or received.
- Overdue LINK+ materials are charged at a rate of $1/day and $115 for lost or damaged materials.
Traditional Interlibrary Loan
- Traditional Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is used for books not available from one of our partner libraries in LINK+. This service must be performed by the ILL Librarian, who will request your book through OCLC Resource Sharing.
- If you need a book that is not available from a LINK+ library, please print out the form to request traditional ILL. Fill in the information and give it to any librarian. This same form may also be used to request document delivery for journal articles.
- Please allow at least two weeks for delivery. Books ordered via traditional ILL are shipped by the USPS using the media mail rate. Please plan for shipping time when doing your research.
Charles Willard Coe Memorial Library
12001 Chalon Road
Los Angeles, CA 90049
J. Thomas McCarthy Library
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007