Guidelines for Transfer to Archives
Types of records and documents eligible for transfer
- Agendas and minutes of regularly occurring meetings
- Regularly produced reports, summaries and planning documents in final form
- Final versions of internally produced special reports, studies or surveys presented to MSMU Administration
- Files from major programs that have been concluded
- Regularly appearing manuals and handbooks
- All msmu-produced publications
- Select documentation of campus-wide special events
- Select photographic prints with appropriate identification
Material currently ineligible for archiving
Because of digital copyright issues and the current complexity and cost of preserving electronic materials, the following types of material are typically excluded. We hope that in the not-too-distant future we will be able to accept archival-quality digital originals for permanent retention.
- Digital video and photography
- Email unless printed and in file folders
- MSMU Web pages except printable PDFs
- Audio and multimedia tapes, DVDs, CDs and flash memory devices
- Documents or other content stored on third-party websites, including Facebook, MySpace, Flickr, Google Docs, blogs, etc.
- Any material to which MSMU does not hold clear copyright
Please consult with the College Archives for assistance in identifying appropriate materials.
Charles Willard Coe Memorial Library
J. Thomas McCarthy Library