Guidelines for Access
Mount students, faculty, alumnae/i, staff and qualified researchers are invited to explore the Mount Saint Mary’s University Archives. Because they consist of irreplaceable, one-of-a-kind materials, archives visitors must observe the access policy.
- Series and individual items do not circulate (they cannot be checked out).
- Access to certain materials is restricted due to matters of confidentiality and privacy.
- Materials may not be removed for copying. Limited material can be scanned or copied by the Archivist under prior arrangement.
- The Archivist will assist patrons in proper handling of fragile materials.
- Only pencils may be used for taking notes in the Archives.
- Study groups are limited to three students at a time.
- The Archivist will assist patrons and students in how to cite the material.
- Faculty is invited to consult with the Archivist in incorporating archives materials into their curriculum.
Charles Willard Coe Memorial Library
12001 Chalon Road
Los Angeles, CA 90049
J. Thomas McCarthy Library
10 Chester Place
Los Angeles, CA 90007