Guidelines for Access
Mount students, faculty, alumnae/i, staff and qualified researchers are invited to explore the Mount Saint Mary’s University Archives. Because they consist of irreplaceable, one-of-a-kind materials, archives visitors must observe the access policy.
- Series and individual items do not circulate (they cannot be checked out).
- Access to certain materials is restricted due to matters of confidentiality and privacy.
- Materials may not be removed for copying. Limited material can be scanned or copied by the Archivist under prior arrangement.
- The Archivist will assist patrons in proper handling of fragile materials.
- Only pencils may be used for taking notes in the Archives.
- Study groups are limited to three students at a time.
- The Archivist will assist patrons and students in how to cite the material.
- Faculty is invited to consult with the Archivist in incorporating archives materials into their curriculum.
Charles Willard Coe Memorial Library
J. Thomas McCarthy Library