Institute for Student Academic Enrichment Mission
ISAE is a Federal TRIO Title IV Grant Program designed to assist first generation, low-income, and disabled college students to excel in their college career.
The mission of the Institute for Student Academic Enrichment is to provide a supportive environment for ISAE participants. We measure success through increased rates of retention, graduation and post academic success. Successful graduates are those who are committed to using their knowledge and skills to better themselves and their world.
ISAE a grant funded program. Therefore certain eligibility requirements must be met and participation in program activities is required.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
- Accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at MSMU.
- Meet one or a combination of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has received a four-year college degree).
- Limited or low-income (according to federal standards).
- Documented disability.
- Students must also demonstrate need for academic support services and display a strong motivation to succeed.
- Assistance in academic & career/life planning
- Financial aid application assistance
- Eligible to attend cultural events and leadership conferences
- Laptop loan program
- Planning for professional and graduate school
- Opportunity to apply to become an ISAE Peer Advisor - PA's gain valuable leadership skills and advanced training.
How to Apply to ISAE
Once you have been admitted to the Mount as a traditional undergraduate student, you may access the ISAE application on the MSMU Portal.