Skip to Main Content

Academic Advisement


Military Credit Policy

Military Credit

Mount Saint Mary’s University may award units to individuals who have successfully completed military service school courses, as well as award units for Military Occupational Specialties (MOS’s), based upon recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE). To receive academic units at Mount Saint Mary’s University, military credits must be evaluated by ACE with a lower division or upper division college equivalency. The University may grant units for general electives and general studies. Additionally, Academic Department Chairs may review military credit for major coursework transfer. Up to a total of 15 units may be awarded for military credit. No grade will be awarded for these courses. In order to be reviewed, students must have an official copy of military transcripts and ACE transcript sent from their respective service education centers to the Office of Admission, 10 Chester Place, Los Angeles, CA 90007. In addition, the DD Form-214 (Discharge Verification Certificate) should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

Army, Navy, USMC, and Coast Guard Veterans can order transcripts online at the Joint Services Transcript website. Air Force Veterans must request transcripts by letter. Include student’s full name (former name if appropriate), date of birth, social security number, service component, current address, Mount Saint Mary’s University address and the student’s signature. Send transcript request to: Office of Admission, 10 Chester Place, Los Angeles, CA 90007.