Mount Saint Mary’s University has a culture of assessment. This means
- Community members share a common commitment to improving student learning and a common language to guide this work
- Students know at the outset what their expected learning outcomes are for the course, the major or program, and the general studies curriculum.
- Faculty and staff continually assess the nature and extent of student learning.
- Lessons about student learning inform curricular, pedagogical, and administrative decisions.
- The goal of assessment efforts at MSMU is to improve teaching and learning.
- The overall results of student performance will be available to students, faculty, staff and other interested parties on College webpages
Students will develop an educational plan for successfully achieving their goals and select courses each semester to progress toward fulfilling that educational plan.
Students will identify the resources and services on campus to assist them in achieving their academic, personal, and career goals.
The student will identify policies, procedures and requirements for completing the academic program.