MEDIA ADVISORY: Speakers available for interviews at Mount Saint Mary’s University's sold-out September 7 Women's Leadership Conference
Los Angeles, Sept. 4, 2013 — Mount Saint Mary’s University's Chalon Campus, in Brentwood, will host this year's sold-out Women's Leadership Conference on Saturday, September 7. The conference offers participants the opportunity to connect with local and national women leaders at what has become one of Los Angeles' premier leadership events.
- Media are invited, and interviews are possible with any presenter, including keynote speakers listed below. To view a full slate of speakers, visit www.msmc.la.edu/WLC.
- Dr. Kathy Magliato, one of the few female cardiothoracic heart surgeons in the U.S., is director of women's cardiac services at Saint John's Medical Center in Santa Monica.
- Bonnie St. John, the first African American to win Olympic medals in ski racing during the 1984 Paralympics, went on to become a White House economic adviser, media personality, business owner and a prolific author.
- This event at our historic Chalon Campus is sold out, filling our Hannon Theatre for keynote presentations at 9 a.m. by Dr. Kathy Magliato and at 2 p.m. by Bonnie St. John.
- At 10 a.m., Bonnie St. John will lead a book discussion with student participants on her latest book, How Great Women Lead.
- Attendees include a mix of students, professionals and women leaders of note from Los Angeles County. All sessions will involve interaction and group discussion.
Full Event Info: www.msmc.la.edu/WLC
When: Saturday, September 7, 2013 / 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Where: Mount St. Mary's Chalon Campus / 12001 Chalon Road, Los Angeles, CA, 90049.
Directions online at http://www.msmc.la.edu/about-msmu/our-campuses/driving-instructions.asp
Contact: Phillip Jordan / 213.477.2506 / email@example.com
About Mount Saint Mary’s University
Mount Saint Mary’s University in Los Angeles offers a dynamic learning experience in the liberal arts and sciences. Primarily a women's college, Mount St. Mary's has a diverse student body, with 50 percent of our students the first in their families to attend college. We are dedicated to providing a superior education enhanced by an emphasis on building leadership skills and fostering a spirit to serve others. For more information, visit www.msmc.la.edu.