- About the Center
- Meet the Director
- Report on the Status of Women and Girls in CA
- Women's Leadership Conference
- Ready to Run
- Become A Partner
- Latest News
- Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
About the Center
Mount Saint Mary’s University is the only women’s university in Los Angeles, and has the oldest women’s leadership program in the western United States. The University is recognized nationally for its data-driven approach to gender equity, and for playing a critical role as a convener for leadership trainings and discussions on timely issues affecting women and girls.
Launched in 2017, the Center for the Advancement of Women at Mount Saint Mary's University builds upon these initiatives as a dedicated hub for our most impactful work. The Center provides an opportunity to deepen our research, expand our training support throughout the state, and amplify our advocacy work to improve the lives of women, girls and families.
Data is useless if it sits on a shelf. When put to use, it is an effective tool to educate and spur action. The Center broadens Mount Saint Mary’s efforts toward gender equity through three main components:
The Center produces The Report on the Status of Women and Girls in California™, now in its eighth year, as well as similar reports for cities, counties, corporations, women’s commissions and community organizations throughout the state. Through these reports, we examine gender gaps across key sectors and industries, and also promote solutions.
In addition to publishing cutting-edge data and original research, the Center produces policy briefs, evaluations and white papers to empower you to advocate on behalf of women and girls in your community. You can also book Dr. Archer to present a training for your group, to contribute articles or book her as a speaker for your next event.
The University hosts annual public events to equip women with the data and leadership development they need to become unstoppable leaders, and to empower and inform men to participate in eradicating gender equity together.
- The Report on the Status of Women and Girls in California™
- Women’s Leadership Conference
- Ready to Run®
Below are links to some of our recent research collaborations:
- Report on the Status of Women in Los Angeles County (2017)
- City of Glendale Report on the Status of Women and Girls (2016)
- Report on the Status of Women in Los Angeles County (2016)
- Report on the Status of Women + Girls in Kern County (2015)
- The Report on the Status of Women in Pasadena (2015)
- The City of Los Angeles Report on the Status of Women (2015)
Motivated to create a report on the status of women and girls for your community? Contact Emerald Archer, PhD, director of the Center for the Advancement of Women at Mount Saint Mary's University: firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.477.2544.