Center for Global Initiatives
The Center for Global Initiatives at Mount Saint Mary's University promotes the comprehensive internationalization of our campuses by serving as a catalyst, facilitator, umbrella and hub for globally oriented activity.
At the core of its mission, the Center fosters participation by the University’s students, faculty and staff in global learning experiences on its campuses, around the U.S. and abroad. It also provides support for international students, scholars and staff who come to the University. And it builds relationships with other institutions, organizations, offices and individuals in pursuit of these ends.
- The Center is home to the Mount's vibrant Study Away program.
- Mount students can study in other countries around the globe in programs provided by our affiliate organizations, or as exchange students at our partner universities in China, England, Japan and Mexico.
- Mount students also have the opportunity to study at other colleges and universities in the U.S., through consortia such as the Association of Colleges of Sisters of St. Joseph and American University's Washington semester program.
- The Center helps to maintain and expand the University’s network of partnerships with institutions and organizations in other countries.
- These relationships typically provide for the possibility of faculty and student exchange, short-term visits, dual degree programs, and smooth transition from one program to another at our respective institutions.
Internationalization of the Campus
- The Center serves as a resource for the Global Awareness and Understanding criterion in the University's Liberal Arts Core Education (LACE) curriculum.
- It sponsors presentations and teaching by Mount faculty at partner institutions abroad.
- It helps to host visits by individuals and delegations from the University’s current and prospective international partners.
- It coordinates educational, artistic and cultural programs, events and exhibitions on campus that promote international scholarship, culture and creativity.
International Student and Scholar Services
- The Center Office provides a range of services to support the lawful nonimmigrant status, academic success and personal well-being of prospective, new and returning international students, faculty and staff.
- It issues federal forms I-20 and DS-2019 and manages the registration of international students and scholars in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- In collaboration with other University offices, it provides special programs and activities to help international students and scholars and their dependents make the most of their time at the Mount.