Faculty & Staff
The Business Office provides services for accounts payable disbursements, payroll and distribution, travel and expense reimbursements, and miscellaneous general accounting.
Information on other processing departments, may be accessed by clicking on the departmental links below:
Information and forms for services provided by the Financial Services Department can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
The accounts payable department processes all invoices received by the University. All departmental invoices need to be submitted to the accounts payable department for disbursement.
Invoices submitted to accounts payable must have the department's budget number and approval by the department head for payment.
A check request form must be completed for all other check requests.
See the schedule below for information on disbursement processing dates.
- Checks are processed via computerized system.
- Manual check requests are processed based on urgency and on an approval basis.
- Cash disbursements are for supplies and expenses of the various departments.
- The department head/budget manager must sign and code the invoice to authorize payment.
- A copy of a monthly Budget to Actual Report is generated from the General Ledger module on or about the 15th day after closing, it is then sent to the budget managers/department heads to verify proper allocation of expenses at the end the month.
- Any adjustments on allocation of expenses should be brought to the attention of the Business Office.
Checks are processed via computerized system.
Checks will be issued for professional services and temporary employees. Please make sure the check request is properly completed, approved and submitted with payee's tax ID#.
Payments via check may not be negotiated until our financial institution is notified of checks issued. Please anticipate at least three days from the time the check is available to receive the funds.
Please contact Accounts Payable for more information at the Doheny Campus Phone: 213.477.2916 Fax: 213.477.2939
Accounts Payable Check:
|Process Days||Days checks are available for pick-up date|
||Wednesdays: on or about 1 p.m.
||Fridays: on or about 1 p.m.
Mileage Reimbursement Rate+-
Effective January 1, 2017, the standard mileage rate for the cost of operating your vehicle for business use is 53.5 cents ($0.535) per mile.
NSF - Non Sufficient Funds and Personal Check Cashing Policies+-
Business Office Policies and Procedures
Personal Check Cashing Policy
A personal check up to $35.00 per day, may be negotiated at the Business Office during posted office hours. ($1.50 check cashing fee will apply)
NSF (non-sufficient funds) Policy
NSF (non-sufficient funds) return check fee will be applied for all checks returned unpaid by the financial institution.
A $50.00 service charge will be assessed for each returned check. After two NSF (non sufficient funds) Payments, a restriction will be placed on the account, disallowing checks (ACH Debits) as a form of payment.
- Payroll for the College is generated every two weeks for hourly employees.
- Salaried employees are paid monthly on the first business day of the month.
- Payroll checks, including payroll stub information are distributed on scheduled paydays on or after 1 p.m.
- Timecards must be signed by both the employee and respective supervisor prior to issue of a paycheck.
- Notices of missing signature(s) will be communicated to the applicable supervisor or employee through the campus mail system, the campus e-mail system or telephone.
- Timecards without signature(s) will be held at the Chalon Payroll Office.
Payroll Dept. 310.954.4043 or 310.954.5754
Reimbursements for expenses are processed as follows:
- Reimbursement for expenses up to $50.00, may be obtained via petty cash at the Business Office at either campus. A petty cash slip with receipts and approval from the department head must be submitted for reimbursement. Petty cash is subject to approval and may not exceed $50 per day per department.
- Amounts greater than $50.00 will need to be processed by accounts payable. Checks are processed twice a week and are disbursed on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Payroll and Accounting Forms
For more information regarding our services, please Contact Us via telephone during normal business hours, or through voicemail message or email.